Friday 21 February 2014

MAC Coquette Eye Shadow Review


Hello there! So for today’s post, I thought I’d share a product with you all that I probably couldn't live without- MAC’s eye shadow in Coquette. I know you’re probably thinking “C’mon Hollie, it’s just an eye shadow” and I know that but I use Coquette in 3 or 4 different ways!

I initially brought it because I was in need of a cool toned, not too dark but not too light eye shadow to fill in my brows. I know many people usually opt for Omega or Charcoal Brown, and I do have Charcoal Brown but, in my opinion, it’s lightly too warm toned and no one wants orange eye brows!  I've never heard many people use Coquette before- it definitely doesn't get the attention it deserves.

Mac Coquette and Charcoal Brown + swatches

Secondly, I decided I could try using it as a crease colour, like a transition shade, and it works so well for that as well! It’s the perfect eye shadow as you get just enough colour pay off that it’s easy to control because it’s buildable. I also use it under my eyes on my lower lash line for a soft, slightly smokey look or on my upper lash line for slight extra dimension- perfect!

Thirdly, and my favourite use of Coquette, is for contouring. I've been on the extensive hunt for the perfect contour shade for us fair skin girls. Matte bronzers just seem too orange and harsh, I even tried the ever so famous Benefit Hoola and it’s pretty good but for an everyday contour, it’s slightly too harsh. I’d also heard that NYX blush in Taupe was good but it’s not very accessible in the UK. One day I was filling in my brows, I realised Coquette was a pretty similar match to Taupe. So I tried it and its perfect! Even though it’s great for fair skin, it would also be great for all skin tones because it’s so buildable!

Mac Coquette + Swatch

(If anyone could help me out by telling me what the bumpy bits are in this shadow it would be a great help please!!)

I definitely will be repurchasing MAC’s Coquette eye shadow whenever I run out, I have it in the pan form to go in my quad palette and it’s only £10. Sometimes £10 for one little eye shadow seems a bit overpriced, but when you can use it for so many different things, it’s certainly worth it! I've been using it for 2 months religiously and there’s barely a dent. Very impressed with this eye shadow and I recommend it to all of you!


Hope you enjoyed this post, next time you’re in MAC have a look at Coquette and maybe try it out for yourself- would love to hear your opinions too!

Thanks for reading, see you soon. Hollie X



1 comment:

  1. I have nominated you for a Leibster Award! Go to my blog for more information, http://rubyjennick.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/liebster-award.html
    Good Luck! Ruby x

    ReplyDelete